What to wear and bring
Please have your camper bring each of these things each day labeled with their name:
- Weather appropriate clothing and shoes with breathable cotton socks (no open toed or heeled shoes)
- Rain Gear (no umbrellas please!)
- Mess Kit (cup, plate, silverware, and dunk bag--a mesh bag used to dry and store dishes after being washed) - (Monday and Wednesday only)
- Lunch in a gallon ice cream pail to protect it from critters (Tuesday and Thursday) -
Please, *NO Peanut Butter – Help us protect campers allergic to peanuts.
- Reusable water bottle filled with ice or a frozen disposable water bottle daily
- Sit upon (troop-made, stadium cushion, carpet square, or mat) to sit on in the damp grass
- Hat or visor (and sunglasses if desired)
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (non-aerosol) *Arrive with it applied and bring more to reapply
- Swimsuit, towel, and water appropriate shoes (no bare feet!) on Water Fun day (Wednesday for all campers)
- Large backpack to carry your items back and forth to camp each day
WHAT NOT TO BRING
We insist that cell phones, electronic games, candy, or snack food that is NOT part of lunch remain at home. Older girl volunteers may carry a cell phone for communicating between units or emergency purposes only.